Monday, May 30, 2016

STOP IT, I'M AMERICAN


Stop It, I’m American

I just can’t stand it,

Everywhere I go I’m viewed as a terrorist, I was born in this country,

My ancestors are Persian Americans, look at my face,

I’m not Black, White, Jewish, or Arab, I’m American,

Stop treating me like an outcast,

I have the same rights you do,

I don’t want your wife’s designer bag,

Stop pointing, whispering, “There goes another A-Rab“,

Stop sending me through the metal detectors twice,

The man in front of me set it off,

Why didn’t you stop him, because he’s white,

I love America, so don’t be afraid to sit next to me on a plane,

Why are you sizing me up when you walk in,

I’m not Japanese, no kamikaze over here feel free to sit next to me if you please,

Stop pointing fingers at me, I expect it from the whites but not the blacks,

I’m going through the same things you’ve been through,

I just knew you’d have my back, I guess not,

To the cops, stop searching my car just because of my skin,

I know America needs a villain, so arrest the men that create all of our problems,

Let’s see conservatives, liberals, democrats, republicans,

I don’t see you arresting them,

Five to Six hundred years have passed, America you still don’t understand,

We all share the same country,

Yet we’re all different like snowflakes and grains of sand…..

1 comment: