Saturday, May 7, 2016

MEMORIES OF LOVE

Memories of Love
You held me close said you’ll never leave me,
When I was hungry,
You squeezed me tighter with that I knew your love would feed me,
Carried me through my first steps, I knew you would always be with me,
And when I shed my tears, you dried my eyes, your love always greeted me,
I’d get mad with you, but to you I‘d run, you see your love it eases me,
When I dance, I dance for you, you’d see, your smile it pleases me,
While I play, you watch over me, I feel my smile it pleases thee,
See me talk I speak like you, you don’t see, your words inspire me,
I hate your pain because I feel it too, your life I live through me,
The first thing I learned was who you are, your spirit you’ve invested in me,
When I thirst you are my milk, when I’m weak you strengthen me,
In my sleep I may fuss and fight, until your gentle touch relaxes me,
On holidays we can’t give that much, yet your arms are still filled with love for us,
First day at school you drove behind the bus, you couldn’t stand to see me leave,
My first school dance you hid behind the stage, I know you didn’t want me to see,
Cap and gown day I’m standing on the stage, seeing you thanking God for me,
I never knew I could love so much until I had my own children you see…..

No comments:

Post a Comment