Tuesday, May 24, 2016

FRIENDLY SEDUCTION




Friendly Seduction

“I’m Sorry“, she wakes up screaming this every night,

Body covered in sweat, wishing she could change her life,

“It’s too late“, she thinks to herself sitting up in bed, crying filled with self hate,

“You could have been Somebody“, listening to friends and family, your life she felt she had to take,

“He Raped You“, yells her mother, she remembers the saliva splashing in her face,

“And Now You’re Pregnant“, it’s been exactly two months since their date,

“I Hate Him and You“, says her husband as he upped and walked away,

“He was my Best Friend“, he slammed the door, she knew she’d never see him again,

“It’s All my Fault“, she cries some more thinking of her bad decision,

“But He was always Working“, she says out loud, trying to rationalize her inquisition,

“I Never Thought this would Happen“, she says, as her face filled with tears, a puddle builds inside her lap,

“If you want him back girl, Get Rid of It“, she thinks back to what her friend said in the elevator trap,

“Come On what’s a date between Friends“, that’s what he said to her the first time they went out,

“How could I be So Stupid“, she looks at the picture of her husband thinking, how much he trusted her without any doubts,

“I Wasted it ALL“, on three dinner dates and a few walks along the beach,

“I Should Have Stopped it There“, she remembers him reaching across the table caressing her lips,

“I Hated being Alone at Night“, she recalls him wanting a drink so she let him in,

“What was I Thinking“, she thought a glass of wine would be nice,

When she walked in the living room, he had already turned on the music and dimmed the lights,

“How Foolish Am I“, she thought back to them sipping wine and having laughs,

“Why Didn’t he Leave“, she remembers him making advances when she would ask for him to leave, “I Hate Him“, she tries to block it out of her mind,

Him knocking her down on hand and knees, he ripped off her clothes as she screamed out “Stop It, Please“,

“He Raped Me“, she remembers him saying, “You Like It, I’m the best you’ve ever had“, he raped her three times before he got off and ran,

“Get Rid of That Kid“, she hears it again and again playing in her mind,

“I Wish I Never Did it“, it’s too late for second thoughts about that abortion clinic,

If she would have kept the baby at least she’d have some peace,

But now her mind is Finished…..

2 comments: